Opposition does not accept Doria’s decision to ban protest

The organizations that make up the Campanha Fora, Bolsonaro declared, at a press conference this Thursday (26), that they will not comply with the determination of the governor of São Paulo, João Doria (PSDB), to prohibit demonstrations of opposition to the Bolsonaro government in the September 7th, the Independence Day holiday.

Doria informed, also at a press conference on Thursday, that the State Public Security Secretariat (SSP) vetoed the act for security reasons, since on the same day pro-Bolsonaro groups will demonstrate, but on Avenida Paulista.

The Campaign Outside, Bolsonaro announced that the demonstration against the president will take place in Vale do Anhangabaú, in the central region of the city of São Paulo, at 2 pm.

Before, the campaign had already marked the demonstration on Avenida Paulista, but the government of the State of São Paulo defined that only the Pocketnaristas can demonstrate on the avenue. In view of the court decision, the campaign informed that the change of location took place “under protests”.

:: For injuring the PM-SP regiment, police officers who support anti-democratic acts can be expelled ::

“Don’t you dare, don’t keep trying to veto our demonstration in the Anhangabaú Valley. It is impossible for us to disrespect the right to demonstrate. We even agree that it can’t be in the same place”, said Raimundo Bonfim, coordinator of the Frente Brasil Popular, during the press conference.

“We don’t want to waste time fighting for Avenida Paulista. Unfortunately, the state of São Paulo did not guarantee that we would demonstrate in Paulista. We have already negotiated with the City of São Paulo, there is no objection. And we hope that the courts and other public bodies do not dare to impede our right to hold demonstrations.”

The organizers stated that in addition to the City Hall, the Military Police of the State of São Paulo has also been notified of the demonstration.

According to organizers, Doria even suggested that the demonstration of sectors of the left be held on September 12, when former supporters of the president will protest against Bolsonaro, such as the Free Brazil Movement (MBL), Vem Pra Rua and political party leaders , such as Novo and PSL.

::Poolnarist mutiny? What is known about a possible police “uprising” on September 7th::

However, “if we didn’t want the 7th, we would have already announced another one”, said Bonfim. He argued that there are political differences between sectors of the left and groups such as the MBL and Vem Pra Rua, such as the defense of a “strong and sovereign State”; therefore, the preference for carrying out demonstrations separately. “March apart and strike together.”

The impossibility of making demonstrations by opposing groups on the same day stems from a decision of June 5, 2020, when judge Rodrigo Galvão Medina, of the São Paulo Court of Justice, ruled that demonstrations for and against the Bolsonaro government could not take place in the same place and date.

Edition: Leandro Melito

Deixe um comentário

O seu endereço de e-mail não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios são marcados com *